Hey guys, been a while since I did a Kitchen Sorcery post. I did this the other night on a recommendation from a friend.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- (Optional) 1 head of broccoli
- 250g (approx.) Chicken pieces or 2 diced chicken breasts
- (Optional) 1 or 2 baking potatoes cut into small chunks for potato wedges.
- 150g mature cheddar, grated.
- 2 Tbsp plain flour
- 100g melted butter
- 200ml milk
- Wash and Cut up your cauliflower (and broccoli) into florets. Fill a saucepan halfway with water or enough to cover the veg and set to boil.
- You can either fry the chicken pieces in oil or bake them on a tray with the cut up baked potatoes. Be sure to lightly cover them with oil and a small amount of salt.
- While the veg and chicken are cooking, we can start work on the cheese sauce. Begin by adding the flour and melted butter into a saucepan and mix together on low heat.
- Very very slowly add milk to the mixture until it has a very creamy texture. Then add the grated cheese and continue mixing.
- Once everything has cooked and baked, serve together and layer on the cheese sauce. Enjoy!
Hope you guys enjoyed this entry of Kitchen Sorcery. Let me know if you guys want to see any specific recipes in the comments. A like is, as always, is super appreciated! Cheers for reading!