This one took me a few tries to get right, the sauce is a little tricky to make but is well worth the effort! Enjoy!
- 1 Smoked Gammon Steak
- 100g Broccoli Florets (mine are pre-cooked)
- 50g Mature Cheddar Cheese (grated)
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tbsp Plain Flour
- Around 150ml Milk (amount depends on how thick you want the sauce to be)
- 1 Tsp English Mustard
- If you haven’t already, Boil the broccoli florets until cooked. drain and leave to one side.
- Set your stove to medium-high and fry the gammon steak. Around 4-5 minutes on each side should be enough.
- To make the sauce, start by melting 1 Tbsp of butter in a saucepan. Add the flour and mix into a paste.
- Start adding milk to the sauce bit by bit and keep mixing as you go, make sure the mixture has fully absorbed the milk before adding more.
- Once you’ve added all the milk, add your grated cheese and mustard to the mix and add just a dash of salt and pepper.
- Keep mixing the sauce and it should come out with a thick cheesy consistency.
- As soon as the sauce is done your steak should really be cooked nicely, serve the broccoli on top of the steak and cover them both with cheese sauce.
Hope you guys enjoyed this one! Sorry for being quiet for ages, I’m back at actual work now and making these in between shifts and having to do adult is hard on my own. I’m loving it though!