Hey guys, another super simple and effective recipe from when I was living on a budget when I moved out. Perfect when you’ve got a craving for some spice and takes around 20 minutes. Enjoy!
- Around 50g of Chorizo (sliced)
- 100ml vegetable stock prepped according to instructions.
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove of garlic (or more/less to your preference)
- 1 can of Butter Beans
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 Tsp Tomato puree
- 1 Tbsp Chilli Powder
- 1 Tsp Mixed herbs
- Chop up your onion and garlic clove in to small pieces, I find smaller the better but if you want chunky onions in your stew that’s entirely fine too.
- Heat some oil in a pan and fry your chorizo slices for 1-2 minutes on high heat.
- Add in your onion and garlic, stir in the chilli powder and fry the onions.
- Next, add your Vegetable stock, tomato puree, chopped tomatoes, butter beans and mixed herbs. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- The aim at this point is to reduce the liquid down into a thick sauce, keep the heat on medium and keep stirring, letting it simmer away.
- Once you can no longer see liquid, the stew is ready, serve hot and Enjoy!
- (optional) A glass of milk will severely reduce burning tongue and spicy flavour should you need to do so!