Hey guys! I’m 23 now! Some of my dearest friends bought me some cookbooks for my birthday and I found this one in one of them and had to try it out! It takes some precision and knife skill but it came out really well!
- 6 Potatoes, or more, up to you. Any kind will do.
- Herbs/seasonings of your choice.
You’ll also need a spoon and of course, a sharp knife.
The trick to hasselback potatoes is to slice them but not completely so they flower open when cooked. I found putting a teaspoon upside down just in front of the potato stops the blade enough to make a solid base.
- Using the method described above, slice the potatoes, you can make the slices as thin as you’d like but I’d aim for around 1/8th of an inch.
- In a dish or small plate, mix your seasonings, salt and pepper, and your choice of fat, butter or oil.
- The easy thing to do would be then using an egg brush to brush the mixture into the potatoes, or you can do what I did if you don’t have one and very carefully use a butter knife to scoop and spread it into each slice.
- Once you’ve seasoned and oiled each sliced potato, you’re ready to set them in the oven.
- Put them on an oven tray and bake them at 200°C/392°F/Gas Mark 6 for around 50 minutes, the baking process should be faster than a normal potato because of the slices.
- Once they’re done, garnish with a little mayonnaise and enjoy!
I hope you enjoyed this week’s Kitchen Sorcery. If there’s something you want to see me try and make a recipe for, please feel free to comment down below. A like would also be super appreciated! Cheers guys!