This recipe takes me back to when I first moved in and I was living on an even tighter budget than I am now. It’s really simple and tastes great! Enjoy
- 1 Small Onion
- 3 Medium Potatoes
- 200ml Milk
- Some Oil for frying (I use vegetable oil)
- 200ml Vegetable Stock
- 100g Peas (I use Frozen)
- 3 Chicken Breasts (Cut into preferred shapes)
- 1 Tablespoon Mixed Herbs
- Cut up your onion into tiny pieces. Smaller the better.
- Heat up your pan and fry the chicken on high heat, then reduce the heat and add your onion.
- While the onions are browning, make a start cutting up the potatoes. Again smaller pieces cook faster and you need them to be easily crushable when cooked.
- Once the onions are done, add the cut-up potatoes, the vegetable stock and the mixed herbs. Mix well and bring to the boil. You’re looking to cook the potatoes in the stock. This may take 15-20 minutes. Check on it every 5 or so and add a little more water if necessary. Season with salt and pepper to taste at this point.
- When you can crush the potato against the side of the pan, you’re ready to add the frozen peas and milk. If you put too much oil in at the beginning it will float on top of the milk. Fear not as further cooking will allow it to combine with the sauce.
- At this point you’re looking to reduce the liquid in the pan to nothing. Keep stirring on high heat until you can see the bottom of the pan when you stir.
- Once the liquid is thickened into sauce you’re ready to serve. Enjoy with a crusty slice of bread!
I hope you enjoyed this Recipe! Apologies for the lack of content this past week, it’s my birthday soon so I’ve been busy trying to organise that. Rest assured though I’m hard at work making new guides and builds. See you all soon!