I made this last week just doing the very lazy “chuck all the leftover food in the slow cooker” method and it actually came out so nicely I had to share. I know I said it’s lazy but does life always have to be difficult to be rewarding? I say NO! This recipe takes 4 hours and can be done by anyone who can open a plastic bag. Have fun!
You will need:
- 8 Pork Sausages (I use frozen)
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Pureé
- 2 Cloves of Garlic (Finely chopped) OR 1 Tbsp of Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp Mixed Herbs
- 1 Tbsp Chilli Powder
- 1 Can Red Kidney beans
- 1 Can Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 Vegetable stock cube
- 200g Garden Peas
- 200g Carrots
- Cut up your Sausages to preferable shapes and put them in first.
- Add the cans of Kidney Beans and Chopped Tomatoes.
- Throw in the Peas and Carrots. Add your Tomato Puree
- Season with Salt, Pepper, Garlic, Herbs and Chilli Powder.
- Boil the kettle to make around 500ml of vegetable stock from your stock cube and add that on top of everything.
- Mix it all together then leave it set on high for 4 hours.
- Optional: Dip some bread in the sauce you will not regret it.