This one’s an old favorite my dear granddad taught me how to make, the smell this gives out when it’s done is absolutely beautiful! This recipe makes enough for 4 people so invite guests over! Have fun!
You will need:
- 1 Medium onion
- 2 Decent sized Potatoes, I used baking potatoes.
- 4 Large Leeks
- A knob of butter
- 1 Vegetable stock cube
- 125ml Cream
- First up, wash and chop up all your veggies.Try and get them into small chunks. Not too small though, you want to cook them not dissolve them.
- Melt some butter in the bottom of a soup pot and fry your onions first on medium heat until brown.
- Add the leeks and pop the lid on and allow it all to sweat for 10 minutes.
- Throw in your potato chunks and cover the veggies with water, add your stock cube. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Put the lid back on and let it cook for about 20 minutes, once the potatoes are soft it’s ready for blitzing. Tip: If you can crush it against the side of the pot then it’s ready.
- Pour the mixture carefully into a blender and add your cream, pulse until everything becomes one texture. You might have to do this in batches depending on the size of your blender, if so, ration out the cream appropriately.
- (Optional) You can transfer the mixture back to the soup pot and let it simmer some more.
- Voila, is done.